UX Designer Internship
What will you be doing?
The design philosophy at easee is human-centered and is based on collaboration and iteration. You will also have the opportunity to help shape and refine this philosophy.
As a full-time Intern, you’ll be part of our R&D Team and you will work on hands-on projects, which include research, design, and usability testing. Your work will be cross-functional; you will collaborate closely with our Product team and our developers by supporting them to improve the user experience of the easee online eye exam.
- Support on user interviews for the easee online eye exam.
- Create wireframes and prototypes with supervision.
- Collect feedback from the team to ensure that your design iterations are compliant with easee business goals but also with medical regulations.
- Communicate and share work in progress with your team.
- Seek expert advice from your peers.
- Desire to level up your skills and knowledge.
Who are we looking for?
An energetic and ambitious Design Intern for our medical software products who’s ready to make an impact and who has:
- A portfolio (website or a PDF).
- Concrete examples of design for the web.
- Expertise on Figma.
- Ability to present design decisions as arguments with supporting evidence.
- Willingness to apply the design process to all aspects of product development, not just user experience or user interface design.
- Good understanding of component-based design and tooling.
- Awareness of psychology and how design influences behavior.
- Awareness of user-centered design best practices.
- Awareness of accessibility principles in design.
- A fast learning ability.
- Fluency in English (written & spoken).
Nice to have
- HTML, CSS, JS skills.
- Previous project management experience.
- Copywriting experience.
This is what we have to offer you
- Work in a highly motivated and talented international team with flat hierarchies, that is taking easee to the next level.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working.
- Learn in 6 months what normally takes five.
- Be part of one of the most promising health-tech start-up preparing to expand globally.
- We are headquartered in beautiful Amsterdam.
- A daily company lunch, free drinks, and fresh fruits in the office: provided by easee.
- Regular team easee events such as celebrating successes with Friday afternoon demos and drinks, Ping Pong table and WII.
How to apply
After your application, the hiring team will contact you for a first screening call with one of the team members that is responsible for this vacancy. This is a first introduction to get acquainted and to have the opportunity to ask your questions. If the outcome is positive, there will be a follow-up meeting with two team members from the hiring team.
Hello, we are easee: a high-tech healthcare startup offering the world's first CE-certified online eye exam that you can do at home with just a computer and a smartphone. We offer telehealth solutions for hospitals and also make it easier to order new glasses or contacts online with the correct prescription values, without the need for an appointment at the hospital or optician. Our mission is to make clear vision accessible to everyone. You can try it yourself, right now, at easee.online.