About the job
As a Data/ML Engineer at easee you think about product problems we have right now (or may have in the future) and come up with solutions. You gather and analyse data, and design and develop machine learning models and algorithms to improve our products. This is typically done by creating prototypes that use webcam and ML functionality, validating their effectiveness in clinical settings, and eventually integrating them into our products. Doing so, you contribute to ensuring that easee's products are accurate and reliable.
- Analyzing existing product challenges as well as potential product enhancements, and coming up with algorithms to solve and implement them.
- Figuring out how to collect data in the correct way and providing guidance on this to others within the team.
- Building and validating prototypes, to prove new or improved functionality.
- Collaborating with other developers to get validated improvements into easee's products.
- Keeping up to date with new developments in the machine learning and computer vision space, to ensure we use the best technology to solve problems.
- Getting and maintaining expert-level knowledge of easee's exam flow.
- Maintaining data pipelines and ensure that data collection is consistent and traceable.
- Participating in validation of effectiveness of solutions.
- Having documentation skills (or the desire to acquire those). You will have to gain a decent level of proficiency in compliance with ISO 13485 QMS & IEC 62304 (easee is a class 1M Medical device) standards.
- 3+ years of proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer with a focus on Data and Machine Learning.
- Experience with Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow, or any similar technologies and willingness to learn.
- Prior experience or eagerness to learn research processes like the design of experiment and statistical methods would be useful.
This is what we offer!
- Be part of one of the most promising health-tech scale-ups, preparing to expand globally.
- 25 holidays per year on a full-time basis & additional public holidays.
- Work in a highly motivated and talented international team with flat hierarchies, together taking easee to the next level.
- Freedom to execute the job your way; we are results-driven.
- Regular team easee events such as celebrating successes with Friday afternoon demos and drinks, Ping Pong table and WII.
- When you work in the office, a daily company lunch, free drinks and fresh fruits are provided by easee.
- We invest in your personal development through training and education.
- We are headquartered in beautiful Amsterdam in an inspiring startup hub where we share offices with inspiring startups such as Disney+, Relay42 and many more.
- Learn in one year what normally takes five.
- A full-time job, in which you are able to (partially) work remotely.
- We are an IND recognized sponsor. Which means that if you are a highly-skilled migrant, we can welcome you to our company.
How to apply
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Data/ML Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!
Hello, we are easee: a high-tech healthcare startup offering the world's first CE-certified online eye exam that you can do at home with just a computer and a smartphone. We offer telehealth solutions for hospitals and also make it easier to order new glasses or contacts online with the correct prescription values, without the need for an appointment at the hospital or optician. Our mission is to make clear vision accessible to everyone. You can try it yourself, right now, at easee.online.